Sunday, August 26, 2007

SOS #1

"you can post any photo (past or present) that you are particularly pleased with. It could be that you are pleased with the composition of the photo, a technical aspect, or it is just a moment that you are glad that you captured. "

This was taken using the timer on the "old camera" and my tripod. This was my last birthday (me on the right), and I like it cos it was a great evening with friends... And this one I am just proud of. You may have seen it before, but I just love them artichokes....

Woo Hoo, what great self portraits yesterday folks! You all look so gorgeous! I am really looking forward to Saturdays; not because I want to take shots of me LOL, but because it will give me some "focus" on improving my photographic skills and I will have to learn how to use the new camera. Have just been practising (OK I am still in my PJs) with the self timer and the tripod. Had such a laugh at myself leaping in front of the camera as I set it on 2 seconds (instead of 10) to get positioned!!!

Short post from me today. So firstly, if you have not entered your kiddies artwork into our competition at "It's a creative world" you still have a few more days. The prize is a 20 pounds voucher, and all entrants will receive a certificate.

And secondly, just a thought from me.
When I was in England last week I saw an advert for the Ormonde Street Hospital asking for 3 pounds per month donation. Now I know that we all do our own thing for charties but this seems such a worth while cause. And yes, I understand that government really should be paying. But 3 pounds is about 4 sheets of cardstock and even I can afford that.

When I first arrived in South Africa in 1962 the exchange rate was 2 SA Rand for 1 pound. It is now almost 15 SA Rand for 1 pound. So the donation would have cost me R6 but will now cost be R45!!! Thats about 7 sheets of cardstock. Guess all I have to do is find out how to make my donation.

Finally just a sneak peak at what I have in store tomorrow at "It's a creative world" He He. I'd love you to pop in and see my "normal" Monday post "Use your Stash":

Have a great Sunday folks and as always Love from Di XXX

21 comments:

Katie said...

lol! Just had a good laugh at thinking of you leaping in front of the camera in 2 seconds!!! Had to read your story to my BF, but he didnt think it was so great. (he's playing a video game right now) can't wait to see your SOS shot!
Kt :)

Katie said...

omgosh i LOVE the artichokes!!! they're beautiful, and delicious.

Angela said...

Wow, gorgeous photos!!!

Hazel said...

I love your choice of photos. Your sneek peek looks interesting - I'll have to remember to have a look tomorrow.

Charli said...

Fantastic Diane - oooh that book looks interesting....

Maaike said...

great shots
I like to practice too

Jolanda said...

Great pictures. Although I hate seeing myself on a photo, I, just like you, think it's good to try selfportraits......

WendyB said...

Hi Diana, I'm new to HS:MS. Love both your shots but the artichokes are brilliant.

Olivia said...

Hi Di!
I loved all your photos. Your house and garden are really beautiful. I'd love a swimming pool like that too!
My nanny lives in Spain and she's got a pool right across the road from her house. There's a big field of artichokes just down the road aswell.

Anonymous said...

I loved looking at all the photos today. I don't know that I've ever seen an artichoke growing, but I like to eat them! Great shot. I like your self-portrait too. I wonder if we'll get happier with our photos (as our self-portrait skills improve). I like everyone else's, but I see too many imperfections on my own. Maybe I shouldn't look so close! Enjoy your blog.

Lima said...

Lovely photographs!
Those artichokes are indeed fab!

Angela said...

You've got every right to be especially proud of the artichoke pic, its superb! Love the other pic too :-)

cookcreateread said...

Great photos - love the colours in the second one! I used to live in Durban :)

Louise said...

ooooo I like the sneakie peakie, will call by tomorrow to see the whole LO:)

Deborah said...

great photos, love the artichokes and you are such a tease with your sneaky peek, i want to see it all!! :-)

Katy said...

Colours in your artichoke shot are gorgeous!

All of my Todays said...

Those artichokes look stunning, bet they taste good too. :)

Anonymous said...

Love both photos.

Looby said...

fantastic photos Di - that artichoke pic is AMAZING!

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Your photos are stunning - love them!

Vanda said...

Gorgeous photos Diana :O) Love the artichokes, I've never seen them growing X