Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The word today is Cloud

Cloud: A mass of water vapour.
Thought this would be easy today but I saw no interesting clouds just solid grey! Think it will burn off as the sun warms. So, the sky is just solid grey here today and the only indication that there is cloud is that the sun is very blurry...
And this one I have no idea why it turned out like this. I did not touch the photo at all except to add the text. It looks like I converted it to black and white! But I definately did NOT! But when all else failed I got into the kitchen!!! This is all so new to me clouds are so far away and I have no idea what to do with the camera so here is just one last attempt taken later in the day....
Ok folks am practising this week my self portraits(SP). Have to get the setting right (have tried a few places inside and wellllll, they are ok, but nothing right yet. I either have have curtains and "art works" in the frame or something or other. Also practising with the zoomy thing. (That's, for me, the thing that I twiddle and it goes from 28 to 300.) Well it's such fun! much better than holding the camera up and pointing it at me. Having 10 seconds to get in front of the camera is a lot better than the two seconds I tried at first LOL. I actually think that it is easier than having another photographer take shots of me. I laugh and I leap about, and I discard shots MANY!!!
So here are my attempts from yesterday. This one taken outside and I thought this setting would be better, but it's a bit 'bright' and I am a bit dark LOL:

And this one inside which may be a good place but I'm still a bit dark!

The great thing is (as you can see) I am becoming totally relaxed in front of my camera so maybe I will also learn how to relax in front of someone else's camera!
Sorry I did not manage to get to all of your blogs yesterday, my internet quota for the month is fast running out. Not sure why LOL.
Got my mum's sewing machine out this morning and decided I had to give it a go. Well, eventually I manage to sew a row of stitches! It's really quite easy once you learn how to set the stitches, and when you read the manual. So now have some sewing to do. but that's another surprise. Oh well here's a sneak peak at the fabric I will be using: Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both pics are great shots of you. I really like the pose of the second one. You look happy and relaxed.

All of my Todays said...

Great pics Di. Wish I was as confident as you in front of the camera. Can't wait to see what you make with that beautiful material.
:)

Sarah Youde said...

Great photos nd I love your fat quarters!

Angela said...

Hope the sun finally comes out today for you. Love the self portrait pics :-)

Anne said...

A big Hello from me Di! Thanks for the welcome!! I'm well impressed with how relaxed you look in front of the camera - I hate having one pointed in my direction. Your cloud shots are great, but the b/w one is stunning!! Wow!

Jolanda said...

Love your pictures. Yesterdays apples look fine too.

Charli said...

Great job Di - and its great to see you in your shots too - hope i can pluck up the courage to get in front of it again for S.P.S.!!

Hazel said...

What a lot of super shots today. Strange about the black and white one - you couldn't do it if you tried!

WendyB said...

Some lovely shots there. Hope the weather improved for you.

Aubrey Harns said...

Great shots Di. Your clouds are wonderful and you look like so much fun!
Aubrey

Nat said...

Lovely shots Diana - looks like you're having great fun with your new camera!! xx

Caz said...

I love the last cloud photo! I had to be patient today as my sky was yucky this morning! Your SPs are getting better too :)

Unknown said...

Lovely shots, you certainly are having fun with your camera!

Oblibby said...

Fab photos Diana. You're doing great in front of the camera - wish I could relax when I'm being photographed.

Love the sun hiding behind those dark clouds.

Louise said...

Always a pleasure to visit your blog, you always seem so bright and cheerful.

Pam said...

great clouds. Love the fat quarters. You're a tease to not tell us what you are making.

Anonymous said...

Your cloud photos kept getting better and better. I am so impressed with your self-portrait practice. Come Saturday I'll be wishing I'd done that too!

Terrie Farrell said...

Great shots, i can see you're really loving your new toy.