Friday, August 24, 2007

The word today is Stone

Stone: A hard solid mineral.

Some 'stone' from my garden, which looks very pretty with a largecandle inside. I love all the mossy stuff growing on it...

Hi all, from a wet Cape Town (well it is winter here after all!!!).
Firstly congratulations to Andrea (It's a Creative World design team) for being selected as a Design Team member for GoGoGreetings . Well done Andrea!!!

Wanted to show you some pics of my home today. Because I am selling the house I have removed a load of stuff and one or two of the shots are from before I got rid of some furniture! The shots are not great so please bear with me.

Sue asked yesterday about 'AUG' on the wall of my living room well L(AUGH)OL here it is:

Right down the end of my living room was my craft room. I have since moved it to a spare bedroom so that I could have the terracotta tiles professionally cleaned for the new owner.

And looking onto the patio and swimming pool (in the rain):

And I would be lost without my special carpets:

My 'old' crafty room now almost empty!: And my kitchen: note very little clutter LOL:

And a view of my 'dresser' where I keep special glasses and precious stuff:

And here is one of my spare bedrooms (was Caz's room) used as a guest bedrom, and now being used as my crafty room.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of 'My Space', my home has become very specal to me and I will be sad to leave when EVENTUALLY it is sold. Maybe I need the house doctor? Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

13 comments:

Star Clatte said...

what lovely photographs you have! I love how your 'stone' has such a beautiful ancient look to it!

Andrew said...

Hi Di
glad you got back safe and sound - love the stone shots. Looks like you have a lovely home there and the weather to have an outdoor pool!

Lima said...

Your home is very beautiful. Loved the stone pic too. :-)

Jolanda said...

Beautiful stone pagode you have and thanks for showing us around at your space!

Hazel said...

You have a beautiful home. Love the stone photo.

Looby said...

great "stone" shot Di - and you have such a lovely home, thanks for sharing it with us!

Deborah said...

what a nice stone to have in your garden...thanks for showing us round your home...I'd love a swimming pool but not very practical outside in our Scottish weather :-)

All of my Todays said...

Love the green on the stone it really adds to the character. Your house looks amazing you have wonderful taste.

Terrie Farrell said...

After the white of yesterday...what a contrast! You have such gorgeous use of colour in your home, i love it. Love the stone pics too. X

Caz said...

so lovely to see the house! I guess I may never stay there again, which is sad :( Love your stone photo, is that with your new camera??

Oblibby said...

Love the stone with the moss. your house is stunning.

Nat said...

Love your stone - the moss adds so much character!! xxx

Sue said...

Hi Diana

Great photos and what a lovely home you have. I am not surprised you will be sad to leave it.

LOL House Doctor :D

You surprised me! I didn't see the L, (went back and looked and it is just visible), and so I though it was AUG for the month of August!! Love the idea of having Laugh on the wall :)

Great stone pagoda. Love Eastern/Asian designs especially in the garden. So calming.

Bye for now ... Sue