Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The word today is Apple

Apple: A red or green fruit from a tree.

Boo Hoo, no apples at all except this photo taken in Hertfordshire wlilst I was on holiday. So apologies, a cheat from me today :(

But Woo hoo! Today is my 50th post on "My Space". Time flies when you are having fun, and having fun I truly am. Since I retired at the end of January 2007, my life was a tad empty for a few months. I missed working, seeing people and after I did the big de-clutter of my home, yes I was bored and lonely. Well now I am still alone, but not lonely. So many exciting things to do that fill my day. My "new camera" has become my new best friend and companion. I laugh much of the day, and enjoy seeing all my efforts with the camera. Yes, even the bad shots of which there are many.
So, said I was going to the hairdresser yesterday and I am soooo pleased. Natalie cut it really short, the gungy colour is almost gone and I am now naturally salt and pepper! And I LOVE IT!!!! Here I am, yes taken with the timer and the "new camera". (Hope I can improve before Saturday lol.)

I have got so fed up with continually highlighting and bleaching the hair and have been waiting desperately all year to eventually have all the colour cut out just to see what it would look like NATURAL. Well, guess what, I LIKE IT!!!! It feels good . Know what, I really am Happy in my Skin.

I look forward to visiting your blogs and am continually inspired to keep on practising.

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

18 comments:

Caz said...

Oh wow your hair looks great! I love it short :) I ran down to the apple tree this morning to get a new photo, it is so full!

Caz said...

love your photo btw :)

Hazel said...

Great photo! Your hair looks fantastic.

All of my Todays said...

I love your hair Di it really suits you. Great shot of the apples too. :)

Lima said...

Great self portrait, your hair looks fab!

Nice apple pic too! ;-)

Olivia said...

Lovey photos! Your hair looks great aswell!
Mum said you can add a link to my blog if you want!

Vanda said...

Wow Diana, congrats on the 50th post! LOVE your hair, I thought you were going to say the hairdresser had done it like that :O) Love the apple photo and if that's cheating I'm afraid I've cheated big time today ~ lol xXx

Pam said...

Great photo. Love your new salt and pepper hair.
I also retired in June, have my hair its natural salt and pepper. But I am very lucky and am not at all bored.

Anonymous said...

Great 'apple' photo Di. I just love your new haircut... you really suit it and congrats on your 50th post :)

Angela said...

Nice shot! Love the hair!

Louise said...

You look lovely Di. Nice photo too!

Oblibby said...

Love your new look :) (apple tree looks grest too!)

Louise said...

I think your hair looks gorgeous, salt and pepper suits you:)
great apple shot too:)

WendyB said...

Love the apples and love the hair, it really looks good on you.

Sarah Youde said...

Beautiful apple photo and gorgeous new hair style too :)

cassandra cusack said...

your hair looks gorgeous Di, i love the colour too

Angela said...

I love your hair. You're very elegant and can totally pull off that look, it looks sophisticated :-)

Anne said...

Elegant is the first word that sprung to my mind too Di! Your hairstyle looks great and you look very relaxed in front of the camera! The apples are terrific too!