Saturday, August 25, 2007

SPS #1

SPS week 1 - WOW what a challenge - still in my PJs and had to stand with the camera in front of me. Took about 40 pics before I got a half decent one!!! Well I don't expect to look better as the years go on but hopefully my self portrait skills will improve. Thanks for the challenge!!!
Woo Hoo it's the weekend!!!
Thought I would show you today my "sort of first pics" taken yesterday, with the new camera, this time my garden. At the moment I am just pointing and clicking (as I did with my 'old' camera) as I have not studied the manual yet LOL. I still need lots of practice as wll see.
(Have to remind you that Cape Town is in mid-winter, so mostly my garden is JUST GREEN. In a few weeks the clivia will be out and they are GLORIOUS. )

This is an old wheelbarrow and watering can, which in the spring and summer I fill with pots of colour!

And this is just some perspective on where yesterday's stone fits into my garden:

And I tried stone again with the 'new camera':
Anything I cannot use in the house goes into the garden or the garbage bin, so have used these pots in a small patch that needed some colour!!! They make excellent little birdbaths for the little birds.
The wisteria is bare letting in what little sun we may have onto my patio... In a month or two it will be covered in lilac coloured blooms and then just lots of fresh green leaves. The swimming pool is cold Brrrrr...
And lastly I found more stone in the garden... Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend everyone. Love from Di XXX

17 comments:

Katie said...

oh my gosh! You are so cute! Nice job:)

anita said...

what kind of camera did you get??!!!
anita
x

Hazel said...

Love the garden pictures - and your morning self portrait is great - good to see you!

All of my Todays said...

Great shot of you! :)

Looby said...

great self potrait Di!! and your garden is just gorgeous - enjoy your new camera!

Pink Blossom Creations said...

great photo of you and your garden fab..
lucky you new camera
Caroline x

Maaike said...

great shots :)

Terrie Farrell said...

well done on your self portrait....the more i see of your home and garden the more i love it. x

Jolanda said...

Great pictures, all of them!

Angela said...

Beautiful picture, love your garden too :-)

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of you. Actually I love them all. Looks like you are having fun with the new camera.

All of my Todays said...

Hi Di,
In answer to your question I used a tripod and the timer.
Rach
x

Charli said...

Cool pic Di - love it! And thanks for the welcome love! PS very jealous of your beautiful surroundings!!

Jen said...

great sp!
your garden looks lovely!

Louise said...

your garden is gorgeous, and I wish i looked as good as you do first thing in the morning:)

Sue said...

WoW! Excellent self portrait and great shots of your garden :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous garden pics and great self portrait!