Saturday, August 18, 2007

The word today is Fly

Fly: To move through the air.

Sorry could not resist this one, which I have in fact posted during the July 'game'. I managed to take this shot from the door of the cockpit flying from CapeTown to Johannesburg very early one morning in July.

And if I had a better camera (or was a better photographer), perhaps you would have seen the movement on this shot :( as the little whirly flies around in the wind.

Woo Hoo it's Saturday, wet and a perfect day to get cracking with the scrapping! Caz and I had had such a good day yesterday trolling round the shops and the market in Hitchin (our closest town.) We found some great ribbon for Christmas scrapping and decorations. We also found this gorgeous little papier mache box in a charity shop!

We had coffee at Caffe Nero ( and a muffin). Woo hoo - I can now have a free coffee!! (Yes, small things make me happy LOL)

We bought some calico and all in all had a super time. We seemed to get loads of 'bargains'. When we got home Caz started clearing clutter!!! (We took a few bags from the charity shop to fill!) I fixed curtains so was up and down the ladder. They look a lot better now.

The day ended when Caz's DH took us to Stevenage for yummy dinner and then home to collapse.
What's in store today? Well Caz wants to assemble her crochet blanket so that will take a while, then SCRAPPING!!!
Whoopee, postie has just been and my prize has beren delivered. Thank you Thank you Thank you Debbie, it is GORGEOUS!!!
Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

11 comments:

Lima said...

That little box is lovely, it's amazing what treasure one can find in charity shops isn't it?

Well done on winning the bag too, its very pretty.

Lxx

Jolanda said...

Great pictures. I love the view from the cockpit!

ally said...

i love the cockpit photo, its a rareity these days as usually they keep the pit doors locked due to terriosm. congrats on winning the bag :)

Hazel said...

These are great photos. Love the bag too!

Debbie said...

wow caz the bag got there quickly!! :) great photos, i love the cockpit one!

Olivia said...

Thanks for your comment yesterday!
I love the photo in the aeroplane. It's so cool!

Angela said...

LOVE that picture from the cockpit, its amazing!

Mmm, Caffe Nero is my fav place for coffee, unfortunately my nearest Caffe Nero town is 45 mins away :-(

Happy scrapping :-)

Maaike said...

great photos
especially in the cockpit

Sue said...

Hi Diana :)

It was pouring with rain here so I wouldn't venture outside to take any photos today :)

Love your bird and the cockpit too. I dislike flyinh so the plane would need to be grounded for me to take one like that.

You seem to be having a smashing time and your bag looks fab. We go to Coffe Nero here and collect points. I don't drink coffee but they always make me a good cuppa:)

Sue

All of my Todays said...

The picture from the cockpit is amazing.
Rach
x

Kate said...

Great photos Di, and love the bag