Friday, August 31, 2007

The word today is Chew

Chew: To bite and grind with the teeth.

LOL I have no idea if snails have teeth, but they are doing a great job of chewing my Clivia which are just beginning to bud!

Hi folks from Di in Cape Town. Well at last a bit of crafting! Made a card yesterday for my friend Linda, and managed to get some sewing done. Linda's birthday is today and she is a VERY gorgeous 61 year old!!! Here is a little peak at her very simple card.

The ribbon that you see lying on the counter is tied and used to close the card. The card has a sort of 3D feel to it!

A little update on my camera. Mmmmm, I am such a dope! I just had to press the 'disp' button and all the stuff re-appeared including the AF frame!!! Blush!!!

And woo hoo, it's a new month tomorrow so my internet quota starts again! I will then be able to visit the blogs I have missed over the past few days. Have a great weekend folks.

Thanks again for visiting and love from Di XXX

12 comments:

Hazel said...

What a lovely card - I'm sure Linda will be thrilled with it. Your 'chew' photo is excellent - snails can be a real problem, can't they?

All of my Todays said...

I love the angle you have taken this shot from. :)

Jolanda said...

Snales do eat so I think that counts. Great idea!

Anne said...

Argh! Snails!! Curse them! I planted 20 sunflowers and the next morning there were only 5 left, and the day after that, none at all!!! Good luck to your Clivia - great photo of it! I love your card too, and glad to hear your camera's OK again! ;o)

Anonymous said...

oooh great idea Di... Love the card too.

Unknown said...

Fab interpretation and a great photo..lovely angle.We suffer from snails here...I walk up my garden path in the evening in the dark and can hear the crunch underfoot.
Caz
x

Sam said...

Ugh, I so know what you mean about snails...and slugs in our garden...little buggers! Great take on the challenge...one of those "oh wish I'd thought of that" moments ;o)

Anonymous said...

It's the squirrels that have ravaged our plants this summer. I didn't think to take a picture of our poor jade plant. Great idea and beautiful card.

Linda said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment on my "dish"it's always nice to hear good things. Anyway, love your bd card for your friend. Very cute. Hope she has a nice birthday Love your shot for today.

Terrie Farrell said...

great work. X

Pam said...

I'm so jealous of your clivia - wish I could grow it here. The snails have been feasting in my garden, too. lovely shot.
and the card is really pretty.

Angela said...

lol! Marvelous shot!