Sunday, August 12, 2007

The word today is Thread

Thread: A long strand of fibres

An obvious choice for me today, we have to finish crocheting all of these 'fibres' before I leave England next week!!!

Thanks for all your lovely comments yesterday! I had trouble with the internet so have just finished catching up and visiting all of your blogs. I loved all of the 'downs'.
Had lovely days Friday and Saturday teaching my DD Caz to crochet. Well actually she learnt so quickly!! We each made a 3 square by 3 square 'doll's ' blanket so that she could learn the basic techniques, and since then we have crocheted about 50 squares towards the 'real' project.!!!

Here is a sneak peak of what's in store tomorrow (Caz's post) on "It's a Creative world".

This is not the best pic as the sun was a bit too bright. The colours are actually like 'jewels'. I made it for her as a picnic blanket lol.

The weather has been glorious and I got a few more veggie pics!!

We had one of these gorgeous butter lettuces with dinner last night!

And these glorious artichokes are a sight to behold. Wow I am blessed just to see all of this bounty in the garden.

And here is a card I made for a friends birthday. I love the colours inspired by Watermelon.

Thanks for visiting. Love from Di XXX

8 comments:

cassandra cusack said...

oh wow Diana, how busy are you
that rug is stunning and i love the card too

thanks heaps for the comment on my blog am really looking forward to getting into the HS MS challenges
cheers

Lima said...

Love the veggie pics, and the threads of course. :-)

That blanket is brilliant. I haven't crocheted for such a long time, apart from showing a little girl chain stitch that is, lol! Love it.:-)

Unknown said...

Wish I could crochet, have never mastered it, that rug is truly beautiful x

Hazel said...

You've been busy - great pictures.

Sue said...

Your photos are always so clear and lifelike.

Love the card and blanket and your nature shots are stunning.

My Granmother used to crochet. I can do the basics but that's about it. I really should teach my daughter the little I know one day.

Had Iceberg lettuce yesterday but it came from the Supermarket!

Sue

ally said...

fab pic of threads, and i am in love with the blanket

Eleanor said...

That is a wonderful card, and I agree, watermelon colours (and flavour) are just yummy.
The blankie is a treat, and I've never tried artichoke, but it looks amazing - almost prehistoric.
E
xx

Fiona said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your crochet skills!