Monday, August 27, 2007

The word today is Sun

Sun: An object that gives light and warmth.
Well, the sun has has now gone this morning but it was out early and gave me light and therefor shadow!
Having great fun with my new camera and guess what I can now work the self timer thingy. All (tall order) I have to do now is get the focus and the composition right!!! The SPS thing is making me literally LOL, I am having such fun practising and guess what, have not dressed up yet or put on my normal 'FACE' LOL. Good thing about SPS and SOS is that we have a whole week to practice. Because I am quite new to photography I really do not have loads of photos, so finding one for SOS will be quite easy. Of course I may take some photos this week that I am REALLY proud of.

And just one shot from the "new camera" taken yesterday. It's one of the bird baths in my garden. Well actually it's mostly the reflection of one of the trees in my garden.

And one from this lovely sunny morning. No it does not classify as a self portrait was just playing with shadows.
Busy day for me today, (well not really) going to the hairdresser, shopping, and with a bit of luck, some scrapping. Speaking of which, I'd love you to pop into "It's a Creative World" and check out my normal Monday post. OK maybe I'll give you another sneak peak. It's about what I've created with some of my early layouts:

Oh, Oh, Oh, almost forgot, AND guess what again; I have a secret that I am about to tell. I have booked my ticket to the UK for December. I had some voyager miles so only had to pay the taxes. Will begin to count the sleeps when it gets just a tad closer.

Thanks for all your kind comments over the weekend, you really are a great, supportive, encouraging and very inspiring bunch of folk! I am blessed to have 'met' you all.

P.S. Would you mind if started to create links on my blog to some of your your blogs???

P.P.S. Finally, just some inspiration, from Andrew on one of my first posts on HS:MS "Looking forward to seeing your efforts, Diana. It's great that you are getting confident enough to share you photographs. Take lots and lots and lots and over time you will learn lots and lots and lots and be rewarded with some cracking shots." Thank you Andrew .

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

18 comments:

Louise said...

good to see you ready for action! Great news about another trip over hre for you. Thanks for all your kind comments.

BTW RAW is an image type setting on your camera like JPEG, apparantly it is the imge in its purest form (or something like that) and you have more control over it. You do need to processis first though. ATM it just seems like an extra faff to me as I can't see any difference!!

Jolanda said...

Great idea to use shadows! Great pictures.

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, you're definitely getting to grips with your new camera :o)

Hazel said...

Love your playing with shadows and your LO. I agree with you about comments left - I love it that people visit my blog too. It's a lovely way of 'meeting' so many people in various places.

Terrie Farrell said...

I'm using RAW format on my camera and it's so much easier to play around with in photoshop elements. Loving your photos and i think you've already taken plenty to be proud of. Andrew is definately right though oh the magic of digital photography...click click click and no expense! Have fun!

This Teacher said...

What a great idea to use reflections! Love the one of your shadow! Glad you're having fun with your new camera.

mil lunares said...

you caught the sun perfectly! Well done!And I thank you too for beeing a part of my daily journey through the www. I don´t mind to be linked b the way..

Maaike said...

great take on the prompt

Louise said...

Diana, that is lovely! I have a real thing about doors, gates and knockers, but haven't yet perfected the art of taking them.

WendyB said...

Diana, Love your photos, today's take is a lovely shot.

Lima said...

Lovely photos, glad you're having fun with your new camera.

No problem if you wish to link to mine. :-)

Anonymous said...

Just had a lovely catch up and you have taken some beautiful photographs. I love how you did the shadow one I must give that a go one day :)

Anonymous said...

So much fun to play with a new camera--even an old one--your shots are lovely. You can link me if you'd like. :-)

cookcreateread said...

Great photos - I really like the shadow one!

Eleanor said...

Your sun shot really gives an impression of warmth and cheer.
E
xx

Charli said...

Love all the iamges Diana - love the reflection and your shadow image is great!

All of my Todays said...

Great shots Diana you are definetly getting to grips with your new toy. :)

Angela said...

Great work!

The big joy of a digital camera is that you can take the same shot from loads of different angles and distances to see what works best. Glad you seem to be enjoying the learning process!

P.S. Wouldn't mind at all if you want to link me from here. :)