Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The word today is Window

Window: An opening in the wall, filled with glass.
The sweetpeas from the allottment are glorious. I pick two bunches every few days and put some in my bedroom and some in the living room. The fragrance is almost intoxicating, and the colours are vibrant. How lucky am I ???
My 'threads' are being transformed. Caz my DD wants to make blankets for her two nieces for Xmas, so we have frantically been trying to finish the first one while I am on holiday with her. We have to make 224 squares and since last Friday we now have about 160!!! We set ourselves a target of 10 per day each and so far we are ahead of schedule! Have to tell you that I taught Caz to crochet on Thursday last week, so she has done really well.

I have had a really lovely holiday with my DD and son in law and will be sad to leave next week Tuesday, but there's always next trip to look forward to.

Oh here are some more shots from the allotment.

Behnd the sweetpeas are beans and this one hollyhock. Great excitement Caz has posted the prompt!!!

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

9 comments:

etteY said...

I wish our windows are like yours with flowers and nice view outside. ;)

Lima said...

Lovely view outside your window! :-)

Lxx

Terrie Farrell said...

Beautiful flowers in the allotment and i'm ashamed to say that I've got no chance of photographing my windows...they're filthy!

Hazel said...

Love all of the photos!

Debbie said...

lovely view diane! beautiful photos!

pokettiger said...

Gorgeous window photo. Love the sweet pea flowers - so lovely.

All of my Todays said...

I love the sweet peas they are beautiful colours and I bet they smell gorgeous.
Rach
x

Angela said...

Pretty shot, lovely flowers and nice view outside.

Maaike said...

ooooh lovely flowers....!!