Thursday, August 23, 2007

The word today is White

White: The palest colour and sign of purity.
Hello from me, home safely in Cape Town. This is my serene and beautiful bedroom - all shades of white...

One more pic from the bounty of the allotment. Can you believe the size of these? They look more like marrows but they are courgettes. they tasted great as well.

And if you remember Caz's gorgeous giant sunflower, this is a dying (dead) sunflower, preparing it's seeds for next year and providing food for the birds...

Well... I said I had a secret and that I had done some shopping in duty free. So what you think I bought? Yes a new camera. Caz will tell you that I am impulsive and she recommended that my next step up should be a Fuji Finepix S5000. Well... I did look and this camera and then I saw another the Fuji Finepix S9600. So being the impulsive, spontaneous person that I am, I bought it and the bag and a 2 gig memory card and some spare batteries!!!
It is AWESOME and yes I took some pics just to practice and have started reading the mega manual. OK remember the camera is brand new so sitting waiting for my plane I had to try it out. Not good pics but hopefully I'll get better..

Then on the plane I tried it again...

And when I got home I tried again... Yes I have lots of work to do to find out how the camera works and what I can do with it. Will keep you posted on my progress...
Oh by the way Lin (Briar Patch) and Joshua, I have not been able to get to your blogs for a few days. Can you include me in your list of members? Have missed seeing your photos...

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

20 comments:

All of my Todays said...

Love all the photos. That's a great buy hope you have lots of fun together.
Rach
x

Unknown said...

ooh your white pic looks so serene! And you got a new camera yay!! Ive been seriously tempted by the 9600 as an upgrade to my 5600, you'll have to let me know how you get on with it :o) X

Jolanda said...

Lovely picture and I'm jealous. I want a new camera too!

Louise said...

very nice White!
Have fun with your new camera.

BTW you have a lovely house.

Kate said...

fab camera!! great pics. have fun with it! :-)

Hazel said...

Fantastic photos! And I love your bedroom!

Caz said...

love your princess bed! It's so pretty :) Woo Hoo new camera, you will love it, just read the manual (haha) and you'll be fine!

Unknown said...

your bedroom looks sooo beautful. Take more pictures of your house!! You really do have a beautiful home. And I'm so happy for you that you got yourself a new camera. Good for you!!!

Terrie Farrell said...

Oh you're bedroom looks so beautiful and peaceful, mine is anything but! (See blog for full explanation on that one!)

Glad you had a nice holiday and enjoy playing with your new camera. X

Terrie Farrell said...

Oh you're bedroom looks so beautiful and peaceful, mine is anything but! (See blog for full explanation on that one!)

Glad you had a nice holiday and enjoy playing with your new camera. X

Looby said...

lovely pics - your bedroom looks beautiful!

Angela said...

I'm glad you're home safe and sound. You have a beautiful home, how lovely to have a bedroom in shades of white.

Congrats on the new camera, look forward to seeing lots more pics from you :-)

Debbie said...

gorgeous photos diana and congrats on the new camera!! I love seeing your home so these photos are fab! :)

Aubrey Harns said...

Terrific shots. I love your shades of white! And congratulations on your new camera - that's SOOOOO exciting.
Aubrey

Sue said...

Oh I love the shot of your bedroom :) Beautiful.

Serious camera :) I am way off that. Have fun with the manual :D

That bottom photo looks lovely too. Please can you let me know what the AUG is? I am intrigued as it looks like something that I would like :) Thanks.

Sue

Louise said...

your bedroom looks fab,very calming. And woohoo indeed to your new toy... have fun playing:)

Joshua said...

Wow your bed is lovely my mum would like one like that.

Thank you for your comment on my blog.

*J*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new camera. So much fun to have a new one! Love your serene bedroom. So feminine.

Lima said...

OOOOOHHHH, I LOVE your bedroom!!!!!

I just got back from the decorating shop with a huge can of white paint and I hadn't even seen this til now, now I know its going to look beautiful!

Thanks for your comments too :-)

Vanda said...

Love the photos Diana, especially your white bedroom ~ wow, how scrumptious is that! So glad you got home safe & sound and whit woo to your new camera!!! xXx