Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The word today is Friend

Friend: A person you know particularly well.

I have never 'cheated' before but today I do. This is a photograph taken by my niece Danni on the night before my DD Caz's wedding. We had such a great time all together at the Thistle hotel near Great Wymondley. From the back are Caz's two sisters Chloe and Nina. They live in Durban South Africa and are my two 'other daughters'. Then there is my beloved sister Linda, then me, then my dear friend and almost family Jeanie from Glasgow. Then there is the bride to be my lovely Caz. Yes, my best friends are my family....

We are wearing purple crinkly stuff on our heads. We created wigs and made such a mess of the hotel.

The two young girls Nina and Chloe had such a great time and in fact Nina said "you taught us how to party"! How cool is that from a 17 year old.

Am home in Cape Town in my lovely home and missing Caz and her DH. Think I will go back in December. I have some voyager miles waiting to be used. Well DH did say to come back in December LOL!!!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. You are so encouraging to this going on 60 year old newbie photographer.

Oh I have a surprise which I will tell you about tomorrow. I did some shopping in duty free. LOL

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XX

11 comments:

Caz said...

that really was the best night, and a great send off to married life from the most special people in my life :)

Hazel said...

Ah, that is a lovely happy photo - and brings back good memories for you of special people. I'm intrigued to know what the surprise is?!

etteY said...

welcome back! :D don't worry you're not the only one who cheated on today's prompt :p sssshh LOL

nice photo :D

Debbie said...

glad you got home safely diana :) Great photo it looks like you had a fab night, cant wait to find out what the suprise is!

All of my Todays said...

Great happy picture. Glad you got home safe and sound.
Rach
x

Sue said...

Hi Diana :)

Thanks for your kind comments.

Fabulous photo - such special memories for you.

So pleased all is well back home for you.

Bye for now . . . Sue

Maaike said...

great picture

Louise said...

Glad to see you home safely. Lovely photo.

Lima said...

That's a lovely story to go along with a gorgeous photo - love the L-plates!!

This Teacher said...

That's a great photo. Love the use of the stairs so everyone can be seen . Glad you got home safely. Will check back tomorrow to see what your surprise is!

Unknown said...

A very happy photo, what great memories x