Sunday, October 14, 2007

SOS #8

Well I have to tell you all now that I had a BIG SCARE on Saturday morning at 4.00am. Someone tried to BREAK IN to my home!!! I woke up at about 3.45 am and was sitting in the lounge with just one lamp on when I heard a scratching scraping sound coming from the kitchen. I crept through and listened and it was coming from my kitchen door. I quickly put the lights on and dashed to the window and a HEAD appeared; I shouted "WHAT DO YOU WANT GO AWAY" and the person disappeared. I felt ok cos although the door is made of wood, behind it is a metal security door. But I was a bit shaken. I put all the outside lights on and I assume the burglar ran away.
In retrospect I should have hit the panic button and the alarm would have wakened the neighbourhood. But instinct is such a funny thing and my instinct was to confront the thief LOL. NOT CLEVER

When it got light I took my panic button and went outside to investigate. This is what I found...

The burglar had been chipping away at the lock!! He did not know about the extra door behind this door!!!

So it was off to the police station to report it. Unfortunately they may not do anything about it because they have so many more serious cases to deal with.

But the good news; Jo may niece arrived yesterday with her boyfriend Richard. We had a lovely afternoon just chatting and chilling then went for a yummy fish dinner. Home to bed so I missed the rugby. Who won by the way?

So not much to show off today except my damaged lock.

Thanks for visiting and love from Di

9 comments:

Angela said...

Oh dear, Diana! That's so scary! I'm glad it all worked out okay!

I joined in on Scrap Your Boobs! ;)

Anonymous said...

That is scary. Glad you scared him off. That could have backfired on you. But I understand. We have these teenage boys that like to cause trouble here and every time the dogs go to barking I know they are around. Tonight they were out there and I went to the door and just stood there staring at them. One of them said in a smart tone "Can I help you, what do you want." I just kept staring at them no way I am going to let them know I am scared. Again he asked me the same thing. I just kept staring. They got quite and went on their way then. Maybe they will think I am the crazy of the neighborhood. I can hope so anyway. Anyhow glad you are alright.

Hazel said...

Oh Diane, that is really scary and awful - the state of that lock! I don't know really whether you were very brave or a bit foolish - very brave I think! I'm glad you've got your niece there - hope you enjoy your time together despite the upset. You asked on my blog where my SP was - it was a couple of posts further down the page.

Anonymous said...

Oh Di how awful for you... that lock looks scarey... not least because they must have taken some time to do that.
I was broken into when my DD was young.. luckily I was out but disturbed the burgler when I returned... I can still remember the feeling of complete fear and panic.. I slept with the light on for months.
I'm glad your company has arrived so you won't be on your own (((hugs)))

p.s. Our little surprise will be posted later tonight :D

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, thank goodness you're ok!

The Cook said...

Oh, that must have been a dreadful experience. Can't believe you managed to still take a super photo - I would have been a wreck, patrolling my home all day and night. You are amazing!

etteY said...

damn burglars!! :@#$%! LOL! you're braver than I thought! I don't think I would be able to do that... geez just thinking of it make me shiver! LOL! great shot tho! ;) love your sps too! who took that shot?

Terrie Farrell said...

OMG diane, i hope youre ok. sorry to hear of that, must have been really scary. sending you hugs. Not sure about the dismissive nature of the police though?!

Deanne said...

oh poor you Di, its so horrible when people think they can invade your space like that. I've been burgled a few times over the years and its just nasty.
Hope you still feel safe though x