Monday, October 8, 2007

The word today is Autumn

Autumn: The third season of the year.
So sorry what a poor photo. all the colours on this paint card are shades of "autumn". Was in such a rush to get it done and my batteries were fading. AAAAGGGGHHHHHH . OK next one is a bit better. If you click on the pic you should be able to read the paint colours!!!

Woo Hoo I have been shamed into reading the manual and discovered this button that says 'macro' so now you can SEE the paint colour LOL!!!

Morning all and happy Monday to you. I am so excited cos my niece and her boyfriend are coming to visit me on Saturday for a WEEK. We will be spending 3 days at the wonderful Hermanus and hopefully will see lots of whales. Am soooo excited!!! I always love to see my niece Jo as she is a little like me. She is very analytical, a great doctor, a wonderful daughter to my sister Linda and brother in law George, and a friend to Steve and Danni her brother and sister.

We will also be visiting the waterfront for some retail therapy LOL. We have planned a night out at a great sushi restaurant. Woo Hoo I am going to have such fun and more important great company. I have not met her boyfriend yet but have heard he is special and that I will definately like him.

LOL, I sold my spare beds a few months ago (when I thought the house was sold) so am going out today to buy a bed, duvet and pillows. I have loads of linen so am ok there. It feels good to be doing a bit decorating around the house!!! I want to make the room look really nice and comfortable for them!

Well that's it from me for today.
Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

15 comments:

Bobs said...

That's a lovely shot, Di! Lovely rusty shade of autumn!

All of my Todays said...

I love your take on the word, very clever.
x

etteY said...

Hi Di, clever take on the word! :D have a great week ahead!

(((hugs)))

Ettey

sharon said...

great take on the prompt..isn't it annoying when your battery is failing though..I was like that on Saturday.x

cassandra cusack said...

great idea's for Autumn, the colours are perfect
have a great time hanging out with your niece

Charli said...

I think your picture is fab Di - you've done a great job of capturing Autumn!

Anonymous said...

Fab idea Di, love the little knitting touch :D
Nice to see you are so excited about your niece's visit, hope you are gonna take lots of pretty pics of your visit to share with us :D

Hazel said...

Lovely shades of autumn. Exciting that your niece is coming to stay.

Eleanor said...

What dear little knitting. Beautiful autumn shades of paint. You always have such a cheery outlook, too.
E
xx

mil lunares said...

what an exellent idea by not having autumn to take a shot like this. Welldone!

SmileyCarrie said...

Great idea!
Love your pictures! :) Hope the retail therapy is fun ... and I'm jealous for your sushi night! Yum!

Aubrey Harns said...

Those are brilliant Di!
Blessings,
Aubrey

Maaike said...

great take!!

Louise said...

great take on the prompt Di.
Well done
X

Jolanda said...

Great take on the word!