Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The word today is card

Card: A Piece of thick, stiff paper.

I was given this supply of handmade cards on a trip to Australia about 20 years ago!!! yes I am a hoarder but I am afraid to use it all up cos then it will be gone. LOL

Update on the blanket!

I have joined together 7 rows horizontally so another 6 to go then 15 vertically. I used safety pins to attach the squares to the sheet. These work better than straight pins!!!

Update on IACW:

Don't forget to to visit IACW Just Giving page where you can make make a donation to Breakthrough Breast Cancer.

Woo Hoo as of this morning IACW readers have donated 100 Pounds!!! Great stuff Folks and THANK YOU!!!

For those of you who did not visit IACW yesterday, this was my contribution to "scrapping my boobs" - Calendar Girl LOL.

And my post today at IACW - Tipsy Brandy Raisins LOL

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

15 comments:

sharon said...

wow..I know what you mean, when things are so pretty and you can't bear to use them..your calender pic made me smile this morn..maybe all of us bloggers should make a calender for charity..I will be the one with a paper bag over my head..hee hee..brilliant shots, interesting blog.x

Louise said...

love your calendar girl LO, it made me smile:)
Use the cards... imagine the smile they will put on the faces of those you send them to.
Great take on the prompt:)

Bobs said...

That card is so delicate and pretty. :)

I love the knitting shot! Great fun! Your blanket is amazing and you're getting on so quickly with it!

Hazel said...

I love the knitting LO!! And the card looks super. As for the blanket - you are a star!

Maaike said...

wou are so lovely great!
~smak~

Unknown said...

Wahoo...another hoarder in the house. Blanket is looking fab too.
Caz
x

Anonymous said...

Oooh pretty pink card... I'd want to hoard it too :)
Didn't get chance to see your layout yesterday but I love it!! brought a big beaming smile to my face... fab pose with the knitting needles ..lol and very brave. You go girl!!!

SmileyCarrie said...

Pretty cards! And homemade too!
love your layout... great pic! hehe
The blanket is looking great :)

Aubrey Harns said...

I've had to break myself of the hoarding habit. It's so hard!!! Beautiful supply there - and great photo too.
Aubrey

Unknown said...

I LOVE your LO!! The blanket is really coming on isnt it, looks great x

Charli said...

Hey Di! Fab card - I still hoard but Im not afraid to use up my stash now - but if I had your lovely handmade card I might be! Well done on the blanket!! And I do love that LO of yours - I'd love to be brave enough to have a go!

Lima said...

The card is a gorgeous colour! I don't blame you for hoarding it.

Joy said...

Beautiful cards! I'm the same way with pretty cards and papers. Don't want to use them all up! LOL!

Sue said...

That's lovely card Di. Very pretty, soft and pastel pink always make me think of pink and white marshmallows :) Ever the sweet tooth!!

Such a great Calendar Girl :)

Sue

etteY said...

lovely pink cards! so girly :D

your blanket is looking really great! thanks for wishing me well. I'm getting a little better now :D

xoxo