Monday, October 22, 2007

The word today is INDIGO

"Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain." Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet!!!

Yes this is a perfume bottle; my current favourite "Alien" by Thierry Muegler.

I actually had to do some research on Indigo as I was not too sure what it looked like. LOL "Indigo and violet are different from purple, which cannot be seen on the electromagnetic spectrum but can be achieved by mixing blue light with red light." There are 4 indigos!!

Electric indigo

Deep indigo (web color blue violet)

Pigment indigo (web color indigo)

Indigo dye "Pigment indigo (web color indigo) represents the way the color indigo was always reproduced in pigments, paints, or colored pencils in the 1950s. By the 1970s, because of the advent of psychedelic art, artists became used to brighter pigments, and pigments called "bright indigo" or "bright blue-violet" that are the pigment equivalent of the electric indigo reproduced in the section above became available in artists' pigments and colored pencils."

Because I am really a '60s HIPPY", I have chosen "Pigment indigo" !!!

And a big thanks to all the girls (and boys) who accepted my challenge and donated so generously this weekend. I have just paid my donation and it's dedicated to you !!

And a reminder that you should send your "Scrap Your Boobs" layouts to acreativeworld@hotmail.co.uk before the 31st October 2007.

Woo Hoo!!! We won the World Rugby Cup.

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

11 comments:

etteY said...

cool shot! is that a perfume bottle? :D love your sos and sps too! I gave you a sweet halloween treat award :D

Simone said...

At least you got something in indigo.. I don't like that color, though I love perfume bottles.
But I found something else on Wikipedia: Jeans are dyed with Indigo - so I guess I'll go for Jeans today.

Bobs said...

That is a gorgeous perfume bottle, Di! I love the colour.

I'm also really in love with your rag wreath! It's fab.

Kirsty Wiseman said...

hey i love your research on Indigo! Thats just the kind of trivia I LOVE!
And don't rub it in that we LOST - Boo hoo. Although its fair to say SA deserved to win. I still shed a wee tear though :(

Bambi said...

great indigo!

pokettiger said...

Great indigo!

Rach said...

Fab perfume bottle!

Congrats on the Rugby - said through gritted teeth - lol, no you were deservedly the winners xx

Louise said...

oooo love the bottle Di, looks really decadent.

Congratulations on the rugby:)

Unknown said...

Lovely bottle, perfect for today!

Hazel said...

Superb indigo!

Jolanda said...

Great thinking!