Sunday, October 21, 2007

SOS #9

And its SOS again
LOL I made another rag wreath whilst in Hermanus this week visiting the WHALES. Again it took me about 1 hour and was just so rewarding to make!!!

I took this from the car whilst we were driving quite fast from Hermanus to Cape Town on Friday. It is an informal or squatter camp and yes people live here!!! The area is ENORMOUS and growing daily. The shacks are right beside the highway. In a country as rich a South Afrca, it's hard to believe that millions of people "live" in this squalor.

And just a reminder:
For every 1 pound that you donate to IACW Breast cancer fundraiser ( Just Giving page )I will donate 1 pound. This challenge is open until Sunday midnight 21st October!!!So come on girls just 1 pound from each of you! And why would I do this? Because cancer took my Mum. Here she is:
Because of her I had a mother, I am a daughter, and I am blessed.

A big thanks to all the folks who have donated!

I was struck yesterday by the number of people who have lost friends and family to cancer. If its not too painful, perhaps you would share your memories of them with us in a layout???

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

6 comments:

Gemma* said...

cool wreath - looks like it took more than an hour :)

Charli said...

Hi Di - have been and made my donation love - well done to you all for raising so much money! Love the rag wreath - lovely! It is a shame that people live in such conditions when they really shouldnt have to, isnt it?

Hazel said...

I've made a donation and also mentioned my 'scrap your boobs' LO on IACW. Love your rag wreaths - very effective.

Bambi said...

what a neat wreath!

Louise said...

Di as ever lovely. My employers double match staff charity contributions, so I'll donate on Tuesday when I'm in work.

Unknown said...

Love the wreath, you are such a talented lady!