Monday, October 22, 2007

The word today is PINK not VIOLET!!!!

"Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain." Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet!!!
OR
"Richard Of York Gave Battle In Private." Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo PINK!!!

This is the lovely Thank You card given to me by my niece Jo and her boyfriend Richard - Loads of pink LOL

And what would life be this month without a little something different or the same!!!

I have a few of these little things in different colours and love to wear them This is my favourite!!!

And a little more research!!! "The use of the word pink as a color first occurred in the 17th century to describe the light red flowers of pinks, flowering plants in the genus Dianthus. The color pink itself is a combination of red and white. Other tints of pink may be combinations of rose and white, magenta and white, or orange and white.

Roseus is a Latin word meaning "rosy" or "pink." Lucretius used the word to describe the dawn in his epic poem On the Nature of Things (De Rerum Natura). [1] The word is also used in the binomial names of several species, such as the Rosy Starling (Sturnus roseus) and Catharanthus roseus." To read more about PINK go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink

LOL I cannot believe I have done this just for you!!! I am so happy in my wrinkly skin LOL. And it is not even SPS!!!

Finally a lucky dipper prize is on offer today at IACW so get on over and leave us a comment on Tuesday's post to be eligible for the prize. We are offering the prize because thanks to you all we have now exceeded our 310 pound target!!!!

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

14 comments:

Simone said...

you look gorgeous!
And so happy :)
great shot!

Bobs said...

Do you ever take a bad photograph of yourself, Di? Love the bra - I just wish my humungous boobies were smaller so I could wear something as nice as this!

Angela said...

Oh my! Such a pretty pink!

You are so beautiful its no wonder you are so happy in your skin :-)

sharon said...

ahh..what a great interpretation.., in the pink..and you look fab..in pink.x

Anonymous said...

Love both of your pink shots.

Caz said...

swit swoo! (that's a whistle by the way) Very nice SP and that pink cami is gorgeous!!

Rach said...

WOW pink really suits you! Great pics x

Terrie Farrell said...

OMG Diane you look absolutely amazing.....I'd love to look that good now let alone in twenty years time! Love that 'shocking' pink colour too, looks fantastic with your skin tone.

BTW, Pink is an american singer, kind of pop rock...think a modern day Janis Joplin. X

Jolanda said...

Lovely! Pink is a colour that suits you right!

Bambi said...

oh that is so pretty and looks comfy too (^_^)

Anonymous said...

Very cute bra! I would love to have one of those :)

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Hey another fab photo of you.. I must try harder and achieve a photo half as good as you take of yourself..

Caroline x

Maaike said...

you look so pretty!

marina said...

Oh my god you look great, love the pink it really suits you. :~) xx