Sunday, September 2, 2007

SOS #2

And its Show off Sunday today!

I do not have anything really special this week except this one shot in Hermanus 3 years ago. I visit Hermanus every year to see the whales, but this was my last trip with my dearest mum. We were so blessed in the late afternoon, sitting on the patio of our rented accomodation, to enjoy this whale for about 3 hours! You can hopefully see how close it was. (If you click on it, it does enlarge)
Thanks for all your lovely comments yesterday. Judging from your photographs, I really think we are all getting a little braver in front of the camera!
Just a short post from me today. My house is on show so I need to dash about and make sure everything looks good. Then I am going out for lunch. The house sale is dragging on but I am not letting it get me down. In fact I transplanted lettuce and tomato yesterday that I had grown from seed.

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

21 comments:

Katy said...

Wow, would love to go whale watching. Looks like a beautiful place.

Louise said...

at a thrill! geat photo, loved SPS too - very classy lady!

All of my Todays said...

What a cool place to go to. I would love to go Whale watching. x

Jolanda said...

Lucky you, to see whales in real life...... Great picture.

Sarah said...

That's amazing. Definitely putting that place on my holiday wishlist.

Unknown said...

Wonderful shot, how lucky to have captured that x

Anne said...

Stunning!!!! Absolutely breathtaking - I would have been in seventh heaven!! You lucky, lucky gal!

Terrie Farrell said...

Fantastic work, must be great to see whales like that. Fingers crossed for the house viewings for you. X

Bobs said...

Fabulous! Whales are so beautiful ..... real gentle giants. I could watch them all day, every day.

I love your SP's too! I wish I was so brave!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! how cool is that Diana... it must have been fabulous sitting watching the whale.. wish I was there :)

Gemma* said...

Cool! I bet if I went whale-watching I would even catch a glimpse!!! Lucky you . . .

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a photo - you were so lucky! I am totally jealous - what a magical experience xx

Nina said...

Wow! What a wonderful experiance!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That would be such fun.

Louise said...

WOW!!! I would love to see whales irl, what a fantastic shot, thanks for sharing:)

Looby said...

fantastic pic Di - and I love your self portrait too - you look very glam!

Hazel said...

It indeed does look like a special place.

Pam said...

what a beautiful photo and such a lovely place. How fortunate you were to have the whale so close for so long.
Hope the house sale goes well soon.

Angela said...

Diana, darling, I am so incredibly jealous of you right now. That is gorgeous!

Phil said...

Wow, what a wonderful thing to see!!

Unknown said...

I've wanted to see whales like that my entire life. Also wanted to comment that you are a very beautiful woman (looking at your picture from yesterday)