Sunday, September 9, 2007

SOS #3

It's SOS again.
And what have I here but a very bad scan of a very old and precious photograph not even taken by me but it is of me. It was taken in 1948 when I was 5 months old. My dearest dad was always my strongest ally. He had absolute faith and confidence in me and even at 5 months thought I was "the wonder child"! Thank you dad.

This is what he wrote on the back!

I hope you will understand why this should be my show off pic.

And who would this be?

This is my dear friend and housekeeper Margaret who has been with me for 20 years. She works for me 4 days a week, looks after my home, house sits when I go on holiday to England, and generally is always there for me. She loves to have her photograph taken and when I bought her this dress (just cos I thought she would like it) we had to take her photograph! So this shot is special because she is special...

My house is on show again today, so I will be dashing about making sure that everything is in order. The house sale is going on so long, and yes, it does get me down a bit. I want to move and get on with my life but right now I feel in limbo. But no use worrying about things I can do nothing about. So, as I have to be out of the house between 2 and 5, I may go walking on the beach. That should cheer me up LOL.

Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. How great to have your Dads note on the back.

Angela said...

Morning Diana, I can see why you love that photo. What a lovely memory.

Margaret looks so happy and friendly in her photo.

Two great photos with special meaning, how lovely :-)

Maaike said...

so precious! I love old handwriting!

Anne said...

What adorable photo's. I wish you luck with the house sale - it is a soul-destroying process, but hopefully worth it in the long-run!

Jolanda said...

Love the picture of you as a child and the special message at the back is great!

Louise said...

what a special photo and message, how lovely to have this and know that your dad adored you:)

Louise said...

Very precious! I also love the photo of your housekeeper and the lovely words you say about her.

Sue said...

So precious :) Mine is on a similar theme.

Although she is your housekeeper your words make it clear that she is also a good friend. Fab photo. Surprise presents are the best :)

Bobs said...

Wonder child indeed! It's obvious that your dear dad was very proud of his baby daughter.

I love the pic of your housekeeper too .... she looks so happy with her new dress!

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Wonderful photograph Diana - thanks for sharing your special photo with us x Even lovelier to look at it when you are the same age as my mum and we have none of her that young

Anonymous said...

What lovely photos! You and I share a birth year. I think there's a similar photo of me that year sitting on a blanket. I'll have to look for it!

Terrie Farrell said...

Well done Diana. X

Joy said...

What a precious photo! Thanks for sharing it with us!

etteY said...

Precious indeed! very classic! :D

Pam said...

what a precious photo of you and how very special to have your dad's writing on the back. Your housekeeper looks like a sweet lady.