Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The word today is Quirky

Quirky: Something characterised by the peculiar or unexpected

LOL my whole house is quirky!!! I love this bronze paper weight made for me and given to me by a dear friend, Marion.

Hi from Di in sunny Cape Town. Wow, the "hang" shots yesterday that I saw were all so diferent! I have said before that I like prompts like this as it really challenges us to go out and find something on the day.
My internet saga is now painfull so I really cannot visit your blogs until the weekend. I have upped m quota from the 1st October Woo Hoo. So please forgive me not visiting your blogs on a daily basis :(
My crochet blanket is progressing well. I started on Sunday and now have 40 squares so I am a little ahead of schedule. I have chosen 10 colours and 4 square designs / patterns / colour schemes so all the squares will be different! 288 UNIQUE squares.
248 to go and counting!
Thanks for visiting and love from Di XXX

12 comments:

Bobs said...

That is definitely a quirky paperweight ! I love it - and how you've photographed it. Very effective!

Louise said...

if you can't come to us we'll come to you! great pics as usual love your washing

Unknown said...

Very quirky! Oooh better internet, betchoo cant wait!

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Mary said...

Love your 'quirky' paperweight Di.....it's fab!

Hazel said...

That's well quirky and looks very interesting! Well done on the crocheting - ahead of schedule - wow! - keep up the good work.

bonnette said...

You are making fab shots Diana love your laundry one ... the sheet looks so crisp!

Lima said...

Love that paperweight, wouldn't want to drop it on my toe though!

Caz said...

i like the idea of 288 unique squares!! I am not doing quite as well as you, but i'm plodding along in the hope I get them finished in time :)

Love that paper weight! Marion is so talented!!

Andrew said...

Smashing paper weight, Di. Love the 'hang' pic too!
Ax

Vanda said...

Fab photos Diana, love the washing line one from yesterday :O) How clever is you friend making that paper weight :O) xXx

Angela said...

Very cool paperweight, you have a talented friend!