Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The word today is Jug

Jug: A container from which eases the pouring of liquid.

My very beautiful waterford crystal water jug! I would love to take my crystal to Caz in Decembeer but can maybe manage just one piece.

I had such a laugh yesterday at the comments about my schedule! Thought I would share my FRIDGE with you.

My memory is so poor!!! Last year I went to the doctor because I was terrified I was in the early stages of Alzheimer's. My doctor was not convinced and tried to reassure me, but I find that if I write down the appointments I have that I am continually reminded. So, my fridge holds little notes to myself. They are continually in my face and it does help. (My favourite fridge magnets are from Geneva and Amsterdam so they also adorn the front of my fridge. )

And can you believe what Margaret did yesterday? She picked 3 clivia from the garden, because, she said, she knows that I love flowers and they are so expensive to buy! How thoughtfull was that?

Update on the blanket:

150 squares completed! So I am more than half way after 10 days.

Update on the house:

My friend is visiing again on the weekend with her husband and family. It sounds like the house would be great for them So keep your fingers crossed. Thank you!

I cannot visit your blogs this week and am not sure if I can even play at HS:MS. I have about 50 MEG left which probably most of you could use in one day. :( :( :(

Thanks for visiting and love Di XXX.

10 comments:

sharon said...

that is a posh jug..I would be frightened to use it..lol..

Bobs said...

Those are gorgeous crystal jugs, Diana! I'm that same as Sharon - I'd be terrified to use them in case they broke!

etteY said...

Hey you! Love your crystal jugs! scary tho! :P thanks for showing us your sked :D I also have post-its around my computer monitor to remind me of my daily duties hehehe!

I will miss you Ms. Di!

mwaaaah!

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Lovely sparkly jug Diana... suits your personality
caroline x

Terrie Farrell said...

Shame we may not see you the rest of the week so have fun whatever you do and make sure you catch up when you're back...if you think that is bad on your fridge i'll have to photograph mine....much much worse and i'm nowhere NEAR altziemers age!

Anonymous said...

Love your fancy jugs. I have a program for my computer that works like sticky notes. So I write my note and is is on the desktop of my puter to remind me.

Sue said...

Can one of us email you the prompt so at least you know what the prompts are even if you don't post? I can do it if you like.

Love Pretty Pink Cards comment :) I'd like to second that :)

Di I am not jumping on the bandwagon here but my memory is really poor too :( Sometimes it scares me . . . not what I have remembered but what I may have forgot and will never remember!! No joking.

I think it's an age thing however it is vastly aggravated and exagerated by the pace at which society has increased everything it does.

I have weekly pages taped to the outside of my cupboards in my utility room and a "to do" list. My washer is in there so I never "forget" to go in . . . just to look at the damn list!

Bye for now.

Sue

Charli said...

Fab jug pics Di - well done on the squares for the blanket too!! And im going to get some post-its for my fridge - my memory is pretty poor to be honest!!

Amanda C. said...

Oooo very nice Jugs!

Louise said...

ooooo posh jugs!!! lovely pics on todays post:)