Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The word today is Thoughtful

Thoughtful: Absorbed in or involving thought.

LOL, wandered into the lounge after reading the prompt and my journal was stting on the floor, It is full of my 'thoughts'!

The following shot I unfortunately can take no credit for it but wanted to share it with you. It is my late mother in law (Caz' s 'yia yia' her Greek grandma), and was taken probably in the early 1940s. She looks so very beautiful and definately thoughtful.

Morning all from Di

Started two layouts yesterday from my trip to London in March 2007. LOL neither is fnished, but this is one from a day out to Camden Town where we passed throgh Kings Cross station and had to see if I would "fly" onto platfom 9 and 3 quarters!! (Caz my DD took this shot of me.) The basic layout is done just have to add a few bits and pieces and journalling. Oh and a had a little saga with my camera yesterday. I bought a battery charger which contained 4 batteries and a spare pack of 4 rechargeable batteries. Now my camera needs 4 batteries so I think GREAT one set in the camera and one ready charged. So I put the first 4 batteries in to the charger and NOTHING happens, a little red light is supposed to come on when they are charging. So I try the other 4 and NOTHING happens. Mmmmmm. So I read the instructons and it says all 4 batteries have to be the same type. Now you woud think that if you buy a set of 4 batteries they are al the same type. Oh No. The pack of 4 contained 2 DIFFERENT batteries. So I had to mix them up 2 from each pack into the charger and VOILA they charge.

One more photo from my garden!

Been practising more self portraits. AND getting braver so perhaps Ill do a closeup on Saturday!!!
Was thinking about my digital imaging software. Right now I use it to crop photographs and to add text. I am reluctant to learn to use the enhancing capabilities really because I want my shots to be mine. Now this may seem silly. Why not use all the tools we have? Well maybe if photography was my profession, I would enhance my photographs. but photography is becoming a passion for me so I want he shots to be mine.
I would be interested to know how YOU feel about enhancing your photographs.
Thanks for visiting and love always from Di XXX

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all you have shown today. She does look very thoughtful. Enhancing photos. I love to play with what all I can do to the photos with my software. But I always keep an original copy of them also. Rename them when I have worked on them so I know they have been changed. One of my favorite ones of my granddaughter I softened it up and now it looks like a pro made it. I think lots of the fab pro shots have been doctored. Kinda like putting on our make up before going out in public. Just my humble opinion.

Anonymous said...

Wow such gorgeous photos Di.
Your MIL was indeed a stunning lady wasn't she?
As for Enhancing photos... I would prefer not too but without it some of my photos would be urrgh IYKWIM.
I try to just crop some of them and have been lucky with a lot of my photos lately so I guess I must be getting better..lol

Pam said...

That journal looks like it would be yours. lol. Your MIL is lovely and such a pensive pose.
Enhancing photos - I do it if there is a certain effect I want, but most of the time it's only crop, resize and add type.

All of my Todays said...

Great thoughtful shot Di. Like you I only ever use the crop and text functions on my HS:MS pictures. When it's a holiday or family picture that just hasn't worked I will brighten it up etc as we won't ever have the chance to take that shot again but I always keep the original. x

Anne said...

Fabulous thoughtful shot!! What a Beautiful Lady! Love your other shots too!
As for enhancing my photo's, as long as I have a back up of the original I love playing around to see what else I can do with them - 9 times out of 10 I end up with a load of rubbish and never keep it anyway, but since I began playing along with HS:MS I am loving cropping and adding text. I find I'm doing it now even if it's not a pic for HS:MS!!

Caz said...

That photo of yia yia is great! I guess you pinched it off my pc when i wasn't looking ;)

I do enhance photos, it's more lightening them than anything else, because often the weather is just not right when i'm out taking photos, I do try take about 15 photos with different settings to get a good 'natural' one though.

Terrie Farrell said...

Great photos again Diana, i love reading all the things you get up to. X