Monday, September 17, 2007

The word today is Us

Us : you and me!

LOL this is my attempt at us today, a sketch of Caz, and me in real life!!!

Hi from Di. Hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog!
I know that most of you are YOUNG, and I am always amazed when I see your SP's. You all have such lovely SKIN. Well do me a favour and LOOK AFTER IT. I have lived in Africa for 45 years and my skin is sun damaged and wrinkly. (crinkly LOL) Believe me you will end up the same if you do not protect your skin. And yes a sun tan can look great but just think of the consequences!!

Please, go and visit "It's a Creative World" today to see my post and I would love you to leave me a comment!!!! It's something a bit different especially for those of you who THINK they CANNOT draw. Here is a sneak peak:

Just an update on young Olivia for those who did not see her comment on my blog yesterday. I was worried about her so left her and her mum messages on their blogs. It seems she has just been busy and should be back with us on Thursday.

Thanks for visting and love from Di XXX

14 comments:

Brigitta said...

what a nice take on the challenge Diana!!

Unknown said...

LOL a very inventive take on the prompt, well done x

etteY said...

funny take on the prompt!

Di, beauty is just skin deep... all of us will go through that dillemma of getting old and wrinkly, but it doesn't matter, what's important is how we (people)sees you and your inner beauty!

have a nice day!

Bobs said...

Awww, that's such a lovely take on the word, Di! You must miss her so much.

Angela said...

That's such a great idea! I love it!

Jolanda said...

Great take on the word. Love the sketch......

Sue said...

What a fab idea :) Love the fact that it isn't a photo but a sketch that you have done.

You always look so fantastic in your sps so I find it hard to see you as wrinkly, yes some wrinkles if i look hard and this is natural BUT you are def not wrinkly.

I heeded the same warning many years ago re my skin even so I used sunbeds etc in my youth and so the damage was done.

Hindsight . . . if only we had it at the time wouldn't we be wise :) and very very rich !!!!

Sue

All of my Todays said...

Great shot Di. I think you look fantastic - they are not wrinkles they are laughter lines. x

Charli said...

Couldnt agree more with everyone! When I see you I see a beautiful, confident and warm woman - i dont notice age and i dont see wrinkly!!

Fab pics - all your pics are lovely, but I love the ones with you in!!

Anne said...

Fabulous Diana - I'm going to check out the link you left us - and thank you for the update on Olivia - bless her!

Anonymous said...

Great idea Di so different. I will pop by that site later and see what you are up to :)

Lima said...

Love the pic , great idea.

Hazel said...

What a clever idea for your 'us' photo. I'm another oldie - as a youngster I didn't like the sun (was more red haired and fair skin) but as I got older and holidays abroad I loved it and also had sun beds quite a lot a few years ago. Now I have the wrinkles and crinkles to prove it!

Pam said...

As another woman who lives alone, I am often at a loss of what to do for the prompts. This was very inventive of you.

Thanks for warning our more youthful photographers to take care of their skin. They will not only look younger longer, but may avoid skin cancer.